The tickets aimed at people with reduced mobility and hearing impairment can be acquired according to the instructions on the ticket sale website pages of each event.
We are working to turn the MEO Arena into an increasingly more accessible venue. Find below information about accessibility. If you have any questions that are not included here, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reduced Mobility Area
The area for people with reduced mobility is exclusive for those with disabilities + 1 companion.
This platform is located on the first floor, facing the stage, offering a panoramic view of the entire hall.
For safety and regulatory reasons people with disabilities must purchase a ticket for the reduced mobility area. The purchase of a ticket for other areas may lead to the buyer having to move to the reduced mobility area but only subject to capacity availability.
The MEO Arena informs that the purchase of these tickets by people without disabilities (besides 1 companion) may invalidate their entry into the venue or their relocation to another available seat.
The pedestrian access for people with disabilities should be made from the accessibility entrance in the Garage, North side (FIL side). The whole route is accessible, since the entrance, with ramps, wide corridors and lifts. In addition, the staff is informed of the rules and procedures. As an alternative you may use the ramped exterior access.
The access ramp to the area for people with impaired mobility, which is already inside the hall, is steep, but does not offer resistance to the use of an electric wheelchair or the support of a carer or assistant carer.
The MEO Arena is equipped with accessible toilet facilities near the reduced mobility area and in other points of the venue.
An accessible bar near the reduced mobility area.
The access to the remaining bars has no constraint to mobility, however, the counters have a height of 110cm.
The MEO Arena has four parking spaces available for people with reduced mobility. Contact us in advance to guarantee your booking and receive the entrance instructions through email@example.com
There are also other alternatives:
- Arena Expo Parque Saba (180 metres to the accessible entrance - north garage)
- CC Vasco da Gama (300 metres to the accessible entrance - north garage)
- Parque da Doca (650 metres to the accessible entrance - northern garage)
- Oriente Station Park (850 metres to the accessible entrance - northern garage)
- Oceanário Park (1300 metres to the accessible entrance - northern garage)
Gare do Oriente (Oriente Station) is the closest transport interface to the MEO Arena, 270 metres from the main entrance.
It is possible to travel between both through the streets in the sorroundings or through Vasco da Gama Mall.
- This interface has lifts and a subway between the bus terminal and the Vasco da Gama Mall, with a connection to the Lisbon Metro station.
- Lisboa - Oriente (Train) and Oriente (Metro) stations have audible announcements in their lobbies and platforms.
- There is tactile pavement only in Lisbon Metro station and some zebra crossings in the surroundings.
- Visual information panels are available at the Lisbon Metro Oriente station and partially available at the Lisbon Railway Station - Oriente.
Buses(Carris and Carris Metropolitana)
- Carris Metropolitana has services to the south bank from Oriente. Carris Metropolitana buses are wheelchair accessible. See information on accessibility on this link.
- Carris has urban services to various points in Lisbon from the Oriente. Check the availability of buses with wheelchair access and accessibility information on this link.
- All bus stops are accessed by lifts or stairs and are located in the bus terminal, except for two Carris bus stops located in Avenida de Berlim and Avenida Aquilino Ribeiro Machado (side of Gare do Oriente).
- Carris stops have partial information in Braille.
- There are long distance bus services from Gare do Oriente. Please check the accessibility conditions with your chosen operator.
MetroRed line - Oriente Station
- The station is located between the bus terminal and the train station, in the basement of Gare do Oriente.
- Passengers in wheelchairs may request access ramps to the trains from any Metro de Lisboa staff member, without previous booking.
- Metro de Lisboa has a map with the accessible stations in its network, consult them before travelling in this link.
- You can check the status of the lifts in Metro de Lisboa network in https://www.metrolisboa.pt/en/.
- From Lisbon - Oriente are available the Long-Distance services: Alfa Pendular and Intercidades*; Regional Services**; Lisbon Suburban Services: Azambuja Line and Sintra Line.
- There is an interface with Fertagus services in Roma-Areeiro. See the accessibility conditions of Fertagus on this link. Fertagus requires advance booking for boarding and disembarking passengers in wheelchairs.
- To use CP - Comboios de Portugal services, visit the page Customers with Special Needs, where you can consult accessibility conditions and request the Integrated Mobility Service(SIM) for support in boarding and disembarking from trains.
* Intercity services are not accessible to passengers in wheelchairs.
** Some Regional services are not accessible to wheelchair passengers.
CRIL - variante à EN-10 -, Ponte Vasco da Gama, Eixo Norte/Sul
Av. Marechal Gomes da Costa
Av. Infante D. Henrique
GPS N 38º 45' 48,61'' W 9º 5' 37,62''
All events that take place at the MEO Arena have medical assistance, whenever necessary.
If you have any questions that are not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org